face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 1st & 2nd; I do love visitors.

The 1st & 2nd; I do love visitors.

 The 1st of November.

I feel like I have had a productive day.

This morning, I put up a blog post, then it was off to the QE for my final weekly blood test and dressing change. Jen met us in the corridor as we were going to see if she was ready, and she'd got everything so it was very quick! I also had her look at my leg, because I had a bruise on my shin that became a scab, which came off and has left a small hole. We wanted to be sure we were doing the right thing just putting a dressing on it, and it seems we are. I'll just have a scar/dent in my leg when it heals. I got the bruise in ICU, but no idea how because nobody documented it. Probably when I was flailing about in pain.

On the way out, the therapy dogs were in the foyer, so I got to pet them all! My favourites were the giant floofy one (the size of a Newfoundland but blonde) and the pug. Such a good boy.

This afternoon, I finished the scarf I've been making, so now it just needs ironing. Then I made PDFs of all the patterns from the Christmas magazine that I wanted to keep. I need to do the same with all my other crochet magazines, then I can get rid of them.

I need to get my Christmas jumpers out.

The 2nd of November.

I do love visitors, especially when it is people I haven't seen for a long time.

This morning was not super interesting. I booked the train tickets for Mommy and I to have our annual London Christmas trip, and we are going to have to make sure we do it earlier next year because they were not as cheap as we are used to. Going to be so festive!

Speaking of festive, I have started another Christmas present but I'll keep that secret in case the recipient reads this. I have made three elements of it so far.

This afternoon, once the electrician has finished at their house, Joely, Kelli and Fletcher came over! We met when Kelli was in BCH as a baby with neuroblastoma, and she's nine now, so we've been friends a long time. We haven't seen them since Tom's funeral (Joely's husband/Kelli and Fletcher's dad), so it was really nice to be together in a happier situation. We had a delightful time, eating Viennese fingers and getting out all my crocheted animals.

The hours flew by, and Joely's brother was texting her about dinner (they were going to his house for that), so they left about half five, with a dinosaur, a dog and a rabbit. I'm glad all my ridiculous stuffed animals have a purpose. 

The 3rd & 4th; Very industrious.

The 3rd & 4th; Very industrious.

The 30th & 31st; I have exciting news!

The 30th & 31st; I have exciting news!