face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 21st & 22nd; Very bad.

The 21st & 22nd; Very bad.


The 21st of August. I thought today was going to be very bad, because when I got up this morning, Mommy was still in bed with a temperature of 38.5°. However, she did come downstairs while I was having my breakfast, and this evening she seems perkier.

My back absolutely killed from making my coffee, and I think Daddy felt bad for not doing it for me. It's fine, the pain goes away once I've sat down and am comfortable. Plus my coffee process is quite particular and he always asks loads of questions about why. It's just easier to do it myself and briefly suffer.

After that, I finished off the blanket I have been making, and discovered that I have lost my wool needle which is really annoying because it was really good and I can't find it anywhere.

This afternoon, I finished Rayman! It was incredibly difficult and irritating - another part of a level that took nearly an hour to get through that should be about four minutes. But I am the champion!

Becky and James came round for a bit, just to say hi after getting back from Jamie's wedding and show us some pictures.

Time to order more wool for blankets two and three!

The 22nd of August.

Well the day started crappily, had an acceptable middle, and has ended crappily.

Mommy is still ill, so she went to the doctor this morning, but they think it's just a virus. That's not great because obviously there's nothing she can do, just wait for it to go away. Then when I was making my coffee, I dropped the portafilter (the bit with the handle that you put the coffee in on an espresso machine) on my foot, just below the big toe. It was really quite painful! So then I had to get the small ice pack and balance it on my foot while I finished it off. I think I have avoided any major bruising.

This afternoon, I went to the gym. I thought my foot might protest, but it was okay. Still quiet, just one man who was able to choke me with his body spray from several metres away. Why do people do this?

And now, having got home, I've seen on Facebook that our friend Sue has died. Her daughter, Katie, was treated at BCH with me, and she's relatively fine now, but Sue developed lesions on her brain a couple of years ago. She had a lot of radiotherapy, and in May they were barely visible on a scan, but yesterday she died. She was a great friend to us, particularly Mommy, and she is the one who recommended Anne Dancey to me which I will forever be grateful for. And now she's gone. 

The 23rd & 24th; Too much exertion.

The 23rd & 24th; Too much exertion.

The 19th & 20th; I feel useless.

The 19th & 20th; I feel useless.