face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 22nd & 23rd; I even went outside.

The 22nd & 23rd; I even went outside.

The 22nd of July. 

I don't know how I feel today. Obviously, nothing material has changed. I talked to Mommy a bit about what's going on, and Sadie, and between them I think I've calmed down a bit. 

This morning, I slept in somehow - I don't remember my alarm going off but when I looked at my phone, it was 9:33 and it said something about snoozing but I have no idea what happened. Anyway, I went downstairs in my pyjamas, because I was hungry, so had my breakfast and coffee before returning to my wardrobe to find something appropriate to wear on the first day of our mini-heatwave. 

Back in the living room, I knocked up a blog post, and talked to Hayley at Anthony Nolan about a conference I'm going to be speaking at in September. More London trips on the horizon!

This afternoon, I did my workout, then instead of working on the Moomin, I decided to start on the sleeves, because they require less effort for my eyes. I don't have to worry about colour changes or counting too much, just back and forth, plus the occasional use of a tape measure. As a result, quite a calm eye tonight. Tomorrow I need to check again if an appointment with Mr. Kolli has materialised, and if not, I'll have to start ringing people, because I am supposed to see him this week. I would like to know what somebody who knows what they're talking about thinks of how the healing of the ulcer is going, because me taking photos of my eye every night isn't making me feel much better. 

The 23rd of July. 

I feel weirdly much better today? You would think that the Boris news would have made everything feel a million times worse, but maybe because it was a foregone conclusion, it made less of an impact. Perhaps the warmth has helped as well - it's always nice to not have to wear my thermals, and I even went outside today. 

I woke up early, which I did not enjoy, but I just listened to music until it was a reasonable time for me to get up. All of the news was about Boris, so I just found Friends on a channel on the box and watched that all morning while I did some more knitting of the sleeve. 

I was at the chiro at one, where I talked to Trine about the terrible news. I tried to formulate a sentence to express my feelings but I could only make hopeless and distressed noises. She had apparently joked to her husband that if Boris became Prime Minister, she would go back to Norway, so we ended up talking about what Ash would have to do to get a Norwegian passport, and what the politics are like there. Apparently the politicians are almost as bad as here, but nobody talks about it because they're such a tiny country that nobody cares. All my usual places were painful, but that's fine. They're better now they've been kneaded. 

We went into Sutton afterwards, so I could take back all the toothbrushes and see if I could get a replacement. Unfortunately, I think they may have stopped making my actual toothbrush, even though it's still on the Colgate website, but Mommy is going to the dentist tomorrow morning so she can ask them if they can get hold of any. I did, however, get four packets of facewipes at better than half price, and a white chocolate and cookies Magnum, so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. 

Back home, I had an iced coffee (I had put a shot of espresso in the fridge before we went out), shut the curtains and did some more knitting of the sleeve. I'm going to be having a very early dinner because I'm going to see Michelle Wolf at the Glee tonight, and I am confident that she will make me feel a lot better about Boris. 

The 24th & 25th; Absolutely unbearable.

The 24th & 25th; Absolutely unbearable.

The 20th & 21st; Things all went horribly wrong.

The 20th & 21st; Things all went horribly wrong.