face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 17th & 18th; It's been a wonderful day.

The 17th & 18th; It's been a wonderful day.

 The 17th of April.

I am curiously tired this evening. This does not bode well for the long day of wedding festivities tomorrow. I'll have to have coffees alternating with my wines.

First thing this morning, I rang the eye clinic to see if Mr. Kolli was there to talk about pred drops/my appointment. It turns out he was in (not what I was originally told) so I explained my problem and the nurse I spoke to said she would talk to him and ring me back. She did that about five minutes later, and he wants me to do the drops for another week and see him next Wednesday afternoon. That's fine.

Then I went out with Mommy to pick up Christine from the station because I needed to get Grandma an Easter card. Christine wanted an Easter egg, so we ended up in Hotel Chocolat getting her a bunny in a bow tie.

When we got back, I did a blog post, then lunch. This afternoon, I rinsed the spray from yesterday out of my hair and dried it (too crispy), then spent the rest of it knitting the front of my jumper. Oh and we've realised that I'm meant to be keeping a sleep diary because I'm doing the rescheduled study on Tuesday but the hospital haven't sent me the paperwork. I've left a message with the department and I'll keep notes on my phone until they get back to me.

The 18th of April.

I woke up before my alarm this morning, and it was a good thing too, because i had barely got myself sat up in bed when my phone rang. It was the lung and sleep people, returning my message. To be fair, I would rather they phone me first thing in the morning than later on when I was going to be potentially drunk. That would not have been ideal. Anyway, they said they didn't think they'd be able to post the forms to me in time for me to have them before Tuesday, so I suggested they email them to me. She wasn't sure if they could do that, so had to go and ask someone, but thankfully she confirmed that they could, so that solved that problem!

Had my breakfast and coffee, then had to get ready for the wedding! I slightly struggled to get into my dress because the slip did not want to cooperate, then I began my day of shedding sequins and beads wherever I went. We left at about quarter to twelve, picked up Lesley (and the seating plan) and arrived at Swinfen Hall to find a very handy disabled parking space and a ramp for my wheelchair! At first I thought it looked somewhat steep, but upon closer inspection it was longer and therefore a more acceptable gradient than it appeared.

Once we were in, it was very much your standard wedding, apart from the fact that a) they are technically already married and b) it was a blended Jewish-Christian ceremony so we had a mix of traditions incorporated. Afterwards, I parked my chair in one of the lounges and decided to leave it there because it was easier to be sociable and get around if I used my legs. A bit more tiring and painful for my back, but I'd rather deal with that than have a massive crick in my neck from staring up at people all day. Everyone gathered on the patio outside for prosecco and photographs, where it was bright but not sunny, and super windy. It got warm for approximately five minutes when we had a whole party photo, then as soon as we were no longer required, most of us went back inside for warmth and comfortable chairs. We all milled around, taking advantage of the free alcohol until it was time for food. Christine and I were sat with Michael and Tamara, Barbara and Chris, and David and Lucy. It was a good table! Much fun was had with the food and the booze and the chat. Between the main course and the pudding were speeches, two of which were rather long because they were in Russian and English, but then Jonathan's was so short that it didn't really matter. Dessert (chocolate torte, yes please), then coffee and tea for everyone. Very much required.

After that, I have to say it gets hazy! Had some more wine, talked to a lot of people, ate some cake, and eventually Daddy came to take us home. Time for a hot cross bun and bed. It's been a wonderful day.

The 19th & 20th; Rather the worse for wear.

The 19th & 20th; Rather the worse for wear.

The 15th & 16th; Immediately sneezed in my face.

The 15th & 16th; Immediately sneezed in my face.