face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 14th & 15th; So embarrassing.

The 14th & 15th; So embarrassing.

 The 14th of February.

Ah, it's been a nice day. I was up a little early, so it got a blog post squeezed in before getting another Uber to Hallfield to see their exhibition showing 140 years of the school. I arrived at eleven, and I was unable to fill in the form for my visitor's lanyard because my cataracts were making my vision so blurry, I couldn't read the fields. So embarrassing. The woman in the office kindly filled it in for me, and then I sat and waited for Anne. However, she was delayed because the inspectors were in, so Paula, the librarian, came to show me the exhibition instead.

She had actually curated it, so she showed me the boards with all the history on, then we got looking at some Hallfieldian magazines from my era, and found a big photo album where I was able to spot myself playing the clarinet. I ended up just chatting with Paula for about two hours about all sorts of things - my story, what Hallfield used to be like, how it's changing, and all my crafts, which has inspired her to take up crochet again.

I eventually did have to leave, and when I got home. I started on my pug while listening to The Little Prince soundtrack. Christine phoned, so I told her about my day, then she talked to Mommy while I knitted, double-checking all my counting. Eee.

The 15th of February.

Pug completed! Kind of.

I wanted to get cracking on finishing the pug this morning, but that did not happen as early as I'd hoped because I fell back to sleep after my alarm went off. Got up half an hour later than I planned. Oh well.

Once I did get going, I didn't stop until I'd completed the whole dog. With gut multiple balls of wool floating about, I really couldn't put it down to stop and get lunch or whatever. I didn't eat too late, about quarter past one, and I had to make my own lunch which was agonising. Despite using the perching stool, by the time I got back to the living room to eat, I was ready to cry from the pain. It takes a lot for that to happen.

Becky came round for a couple of hours this afternoon and bless her, she is just waiting for Bump to arrive. It's not due for another fortnight, but obviously we really don't know when it might happen! I do feel for her; waiting is so incredibly dull. We updated her on Taid, she updated us on Jonathan (he has glandular fever), and the bump hiccuped.

After she left, I continued my raglan shaping, and I'm just about to do the neck, the part I messed up on the last one. But I can look at the pug properly and I think I'm happy with it?

The 16th & 17th; You do not test my mother.

The 16th & 17th; You do not test my mother.

The 12th & 13th; Getting a bit squiffy.

The 12th & 13th; Getting a bit squiffy.