face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 23rd & 24th; Caffeine and sugar.

The 23rd & 24th; Caffeine and sugar.

 The 23rd of November.

Not the worst hotel sleep I've ever had but not my favourite. I coped without oxygen because I was propped up by pillows, but it took me a long time to go to sleep because my brain was so excited and chatty. My eyes wouldn't stay shut.

We decided to go out for breakfast this morning, seeing as there were nice coffee places nearby. However, we did have to contend with Google maps getting confused because of all the buildings, plus roads and pavements which randomly become inaccessible, which made me stressed and upset, but eventually we found our way to Association Coffee where I had a pain au chocolat with my flat white. First pain au chocolat since the klebsiella episode and it was okay. I can start to eat higher fat foods again! Start slow though. No major indulgences.

We were very near a Konditor & Cook, and seeing as I couldn't go when I was in London last because the Borough Market one was impossible for me to enter, we went there and I got some cinnamon stars and two brownies; chocolate chip and a fudgepacker. So good.

We returned to the hotel to pack up and check out, then we decided to walk all the way across London to The Lighterman in Granary Square where we were going to have lunch to celebrate Christine's birthday (we missed her birthday lunch when I decided to be ill).

When we arrived (with freezing extremities) it was very busy and loud, but once the lunch rush was over it was better. Mommy and I both ordered the venison pie, because what could be better when you are chilly and the weather is grey than a delicious pie? For pudding, I had a chocolate brownie with salted caramel ice cream, and then I was very sleepy. The only bad thing about the place was that the back of the chair dug into my spine and I couldn't quite get comfortable. But that's my problem. Stupid bony back.

Time to go! Just a short walk back to Euston, where I got a peppermint white mocha from Starbucks because caffeine and sugar were needed, and a copy of New Scientist to read on the train. We were in coach A, the worst disabled space (crammed in a corner by the luggage), and the train was so busy, by the time we arrived at New Street, we just got a cab home. No more busy trains today; everybody is pooped.

The 24th of November.

I had a much better sleep last night, although the oxygen was causing the weird buzzing noise again. We think maybe it's the giving set, so we've got some more out to try tonight.

When I got up, Mommy and Daddy were out doing the food shop (obviously she needs assistance at the moment), and she'd left my tablets for me to sort out. I was immensely phlegmy this morning, because of all the London pollution, so I'd only just got my juice and finished taking my drugs when they got home. Thankfully, the coughing has subsided. I was slightly concerned I might have caught a disease from someone on the train.

They unpacked the shopping, then went to the QE with Mommy's letter from A&E. While they were out, I wrote about yesterday, typed up a blog post, and painted my nails. They have to go back tomorrow morning at 9am for fracture clinic, where hopefully they'll give her a new cast because at the moment her fingers are all squished together. Luckily. She is not suffering wardrobe-wise because she can wear a lot of the jumpers I bought to accommodate my fat arm. At least my knitwear habit benefits other people.

I got a little bit of work done on her present this afternoon while she was at Grandma's. Now she can't drive, I'm definitely going to be having to lock myself in a room with it.

The 25th & 26th; It is going to hurt.

The 25th & 26th; It is going to hurt.

The 21st & 22nd; I won!

The 21st & 22nd; I won!