face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 3rd & 4th; "No you don't listen when I talk to you Chona!"

The 3rd & 4th; "No you don't listen when I talk to you Chona!"


The 3rd of January.  It's never a good sleep when Chona is on. She is one of my nurse nemeses. She just grates on me and does utterly stupid things like trying to bleed my line back through the blue clave despite me having told her multiple times that it wouldn't work, it would just clog up in the clave. Then it happened and she was surprised, because five years of having an apheresis line is apparently not enough experience to know what you're talking about. She also felt the need to send newbie Mark in to check my blood pressure while I was trying to go to sleep because she thought it might have magically got better in twenty minutes, and he thought he wouldn't get a SATs reading because I have nail polish on. Sweetheart, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. 

Today I hoped to see a doctor who might have some news, but all he had to say is they still don't know what's wrong with me, the viral swabs aren't back, and I'll be here until at least Monday when they might put me on oral treatment. I'm not best pleased with him, and  he's going to find that out tomorrow.

When he was gone, I had a cry at Mommy because I am so sick of being here, not knowing what's going on, not being able to talk to any of my doctors, and I can't fucking breathe. 

I just don't know how I'm going to get through tomorrow. 

The 4th of January. 

Home. Mommy had to come back last night and stay with me because I just felt helpless and could've ended up in a very bad situation. I also had a full-on go at Chona because she tried to draw back through the clave again on the red lumen which I've told her doesn't bleed anyway. I actually was almost yelling "No you don't listen when I talk to you, Chona", I was so angry. She eventually shut up and did the correct things. 

Elizabeth who is an excellent nurse was on today so we told her how I felt, then when the doctor came round, it emerged that as soon as we'd established that I have flu, I could've gone home! The IV mero is for bacterial infection which I do not have, so the last few days of stress and misery have been for nothing. 

So now I'm at home with drugs, oxygen and my own bed. Just have to wait for my body to defeat the flu in its own time. So about three weeks. 

The 5th & 6th; My blog entries are going to sound very monotonous.

The 5th & 6th; My blog entries are going to sound very monotonous.

The 1st & 2nd; Not the greatest way to start a year.