face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 29th & 30th; Surprisingly, I am writing this from home!

The 29th of September.  Surprisingly, I am writing this from home! The doctors came on ward round just to say hi really, and they said Dr. Willis wouldn't be in until eleven, so that gave us more of an idea of when I'd go down. They came to get me just before twelve, but then we had to wait around for the nurse to get a white cap and proper heparin as they had not prepared me properly for theatre.

I got downstairs and was given a gown, then I saw one doctor who did venograms in both arms (scans that are used to investigate obstructions/constrictions in the veins, amongst other things), then they gave me lots of lovely midazolam and fentanyl and I had a lovely nap, occasionally woken by being asked to hold my breath and then breathe normally.

I was finished by about half past two, so then I had to lie flat for two hours, then I could sit up for an hour, then I could go! There was a brief query as to whether I needed to be observed overnight in case I reacted to the MRI dye because they used more than normal. I point-blank refused because nobody mentioned this until now and I knew I would have reacted by then so said "Fuck that" and we came home. I'm fine, so obviously I was right and I am sleeping in my own bed tonight.

The 30th of September.

I think having fentanyl has had the same sort of effect as lorazepam does - I'm still droopy today. I didn't react to the dye, as we expected, and today I have rested as per instruction.

I seem to have deflated a bit, I think my tomorrow evening it will be all gone. But my day has been spent with my feet up, crocheting and painting my nails. I am so tired, and I have clinic tomorrow morning. Early night tonight.

The 1st & 2nd; I spent my entire morning in a state of pure fear.

The 1st & 2nd; I spent my entire morning in a state of pure fear.

The 27th & 28th; My drawing from Chris Riddell has finally arrived!