face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 11th & 12th; I've been independent, but it's come at a price.

The 11th & 12th; I've been independent, but it's come at a price.


The 11th of July. Oh Jesus I am so tired. If we didn't have to be out by ten tomorrow morning I would have lorazepam tonight. My legs also absolutely kill from the amount of walking I've done this week - yes I've been independent, but it's come at a price.

I got a lovely message from Joanna Brighton who I used to go to Brownies with, and she has managed to wangle a delightful breakfast and viewing experience at Duck & Waffle for me and Mommy for whenever we want and I'm super-excited, just need to decide when we go!

I had breakfast of American pancakes with bacon and maple syrup at Hang Ten this morning, overlooking  the harbour and being terrible at the crossword in the paper. A small boy was desperate to play Jenga, but compromised with his parents' suggestion of Connect 4. Then I decided I would make an attempt at health for once this week so went to Elixir and had a Side of Kale which contained kale, parsnip, apple, mint and lime.

Then Espressini time - my last visit! Just one flat white today, but I also bought some of their Knock Out blend to take home. I have loved going there this week - Rupert is lovely and I wish they were in Birmingham! Luckily, Faculty Coffee have just bought some Sweet Shop espresso which is the other blend I've had all week.

I met up with Mommy and Daddy and we went to Dolly's for lunch where I had a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich which was perfect for the really hot weather today.

I did a bit more walking around, trying to find a card for Elle and Ben unsuccessfully and had some orange and mascarpone ice cream, then got Mommy and Daddy to accompany me back to the flat as they'd finished and I needed moral support to get back up the hill.

Since we returned, I have flooped.

The 12th of July.

Home again. Inevitably. But it means my bed, my memory foam pillows, my duvet, and my coffee in the morning.

I got up at half seven and made sure all my stuff was ready to be packed. I had my breakfast, then had my final wander down to get papers for me and Daddy, and a flat white from Picnic (it's closer than Espressini and my legs are just agony now).

We set off before ten, but it took us until lunchtime to get to Exeter because there had been an accident where two cars had gone into a ditch. which was unfortunate. So we went to the Exploding Bakery on recommendation of Rupert, but they hadn't much lunch stuff left, so afterwards we went to Boston Tea Party down the road where I got a sandwich and an orange juice, then we carried on our drive!

We stopped once more at Gloucester Farm Shop and Services which is practically a destination in itself! So much to buy and eat, although I didn't buy any of the amazing looking cake because I knew it would make me uncomfortable and burpy which I did not want. However, I did buy some coffee, some soup, some chocolate, a mug and a necklace.

After about another hour of driving, we were home! Have unpacked and got my Stack magazine in the post and the CD with the PDF of my notes from BCH on! I'm really excited to look at them.

Tonight is lorazepam because I don't need tomorrow and on Monday I need to be up early to have breakfast before I have to be nil by mouth.


Last morning view over the harbour with coffee.


American pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.


Vague attempt at fruits and vegetables: kale, parnsip, apple, mint, lime.


Hebe, the dog in the pearl necklace.


Orange and mascarpone ice cream.


Monmouth coffee at Exploding Bakery.


Why I am so upset and angry about recent events.

The 9th & 10th; While I was eating, a labrador wearing a pearl necklace came in and did a lap of the room and left.

The 9th & 10th; While I was eating, a labrador wearing a pearl necklace came in and did a lap of the room and left.