face 3.png

Documenting not dying since October 2013.

The 13th & 14th; It is where I was at my weakest.

The 13th of January. It's been a bit of a weird day. I woke up at half six which I've just become accustomed to now. I just listen to the Today programme until a socially acceptable getting up time (usually I just wait to hear Mommy leave the bathroom).

We washed my hair, then I had an appointment at the Dental Hospital for a clinic at 11:30, but we were early which was fortuitous as we bumped into Carol! We haven't seen her for ages, so that was a delightful surprise. She'd just had some wisdom teeth out so was a bit dribbly but able to chat, so we caught up on life before her lift came. She wanted to know if we'd made a paella in the pan she sent us yet, and we hadn't, so that was dinner. It was scrummy.

Mrs. Richards was very sorry to hear I'm back on steroids but is confident that we can take care of the dosage ourselves. She, the junior doctor and the nurse were all massively impressed with my oral hygiene. It's 'cause I floss. Then we went to BCH to see little William who's having issues with his bowel (we first met in Ward 8 at BCH when I was having my liver transplant and he was having a small bowel transplant), except he was in theatre so we talked to his mum Sarah, in the parents' room. I haven't been to Ward 8 since January 2009, and being in that same place, although they've done building work, was very strange. I hated that ward - it is where I was at my weakest; unable to even lift my own head. It is where I was at my worst, my most humiliated and depressed, and I have no good memories of it.

Wills came back, we said hello before going, as he was still very groggy from the anaesthetic. This afternoon, I watched Let Me In, and started reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. I think I need to read it in substantial chunks. Tonight is Sport Relief Bake Off!

photo 1

The 14th of January.

I feel dreadful. I'm exhausted; I keep waking up early and I'm just running out of energy.

This morning, Mommy and I were at the chiro, so both of us are feeling super-aligned. My back started hurting last so night so having an appointment today was very convenient.

After being home for about 45 minutes, Mommy took me to Yorks where I was having lunch with Sam. I had hash and eggs and a white chocolate chip brownie, both of which were delicious. I also filled up a loyalty card so I got a free coffee! We both had a lot to update each other with, and he had brought me some beautiful flowers! They're in a vase in the fireplace now. At one point, Joe Lycett (@joelycett) walked in and I had to exercise a lot of self-control to not go and scream in his face, as I'm somewhat of a fan. I don't think he would have appreciated that.

Mommy managed to finally get the family charm from Pandora, but unfortunately, it won't fit on my current bracelets so I'll have to get another one.

Since we got home, I've just been so droopy. Becky came over for a bit, and I ate a vast amount of gummy bears.

Daddy bought a new tv at the weekend and went to collect it from Currys this evening after work. However, he got it out of the box and the screen is smashed! So that's good, thanks Currys.

I am going to bed after the Bake Off. My body is a git to me sometimes.

photo 2

The 15th & 16th; I wasn't ready yet.

The 11th & 12th; I just feel listless.